I love it.
I am back in the game today, after my weekend of reckless debauchery, and the difference in how I feel physically is astounding. I never took notice of how I actually felt before when I was “dieting”…it was all about the fastest route to smaller jeans, whatever the cost…I’m still discouraged, because I am driven by results, aren’t we all? But today I feel better, and for that, I am thankful.
I just wanted to take a second to talk about salt….possibly my 2nd favorite substance on earth right after wine. I love a good chocolate chip cookie, and sure, I’ll definitely have a bite of your donut, twist my arm, but my true cravings are always for greasy, salty, gooey, sinful edibles.
- Kettle chips with homemade caramelized onion dip
- Scorching hot, super salty, greasy, crispy fries (dipped in Ranch, while we’re on the subject)
- Thick sourdough toast slathered in salted butter, topped with slices of heirloom tomato and copious crunchy crystals of sea salt
- Massive amounts of melty blue cheese dripping down the side of a fat, juicy, medium rare burger on a brioche bun
- Spinach and artichoke dip with thin, crispy tortilla chips
- Cheese popcorn
- Perfect potato salad
- Grilled corn on the cob, dripping with salty, melted butter
- A giant slice of New York pizza with extra cheese
- Hot dogs that snap when you bite them, covered in yellow mustard
- Fresh, steamed lobster dipped on (you guessed it) salty, drawn butter
I could do this all day…..
And yes, I know that eating any of those things in the massive quantities which they are begging me to eat them would land me vomitous at best and hospitalized at worst however, a girl can dream….and salivate. It’s all I’ve got these days….
obviously, this post was written
by Adam Richman before lunch….also, here is a picture of Sweet Ben, because he is more delicious than anything every could be, no matter how salty, cheesy, gooey, crunchy or buttery….
p.s. PMS much?