Sometimes I feel like the looking forward is really the best part…it lasts so much longer than the actual event, you know? and I realize that’s a crappy attitude to have, since tomorrow is not promised and the happiest people live in the now and blah blah blah and there is a LOT to be said for appreciating the moment while you’re in it, absolutely, but it’s so fleeting….why does it have to be so fleeting? Namely, vacations…..vacations, and good hair days, lazy, sunny Saturdays, concerts and prefect dinners….blink and they’re over, but if you take the time to anticipate them, it’s almost like you get to live them longer. Call me crazy…
This is my current list of anticipations…
- lobster rolls in the sun
- Ben's first trip to Disneyworld
- St. Lucia
- a finished staircase & photo wall
- the 4th of July (even though it's on a Wednesday this year...)
- fresh, sun ripened strawberries and my strawberry pie
- gauze maxi skirts and sparkly sandals
- sharing a Shake Shack burger with Ben at a Mets game
- moving to Florida...or anywhere but here (as long as it's warmer and the people are nicer, cuz DAMN peeps are cranky here. yikes.)
- a new car
- the arrival of my new Clarisonic Mia (I ordered it! omg....tell me it will change my life!)
- a trip to the wineries
- BlogHer 2012
- caprese salad made with tomatoes and basil from the back porch + local mozzarella from whole foods.
- a coastal drive up to Maine, stopping for lighthouses, Boston accents, Fenway Park and every single lobster shack along the way.
what are YOU looking forward to?